Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Update...FINALLY!

I can't believe it's been about 5 months since I've last updated. It really is true what they say, time FLIES when you have a little one. Declan is thriving and coming into his awesome personality a little bit more everyday. He is now 7 1/2 months old, closing in on 30" long (HOLY MOLY) and roughly 22 lbs. He is about the size of a 13 month old. He is a little wiggle worm and doesn't stay still for more than 5 seconds at a time, which is keeping us on our toes 24/7! He can say "mama", "dada" and "hi". He can scoot backwards but hasn't quite grasped the mechanics of crawling forward yet but we're thinking it will be any day now. He is still an awesome sleeper and goes an average of 11 hours at night with 3 naps during the day ranging from 20 minutes to 2 hours. I still pump exclusively (which still sucks by the way lol) so he is still breastfed and takes an average of 32 oz/day. We did introduce purees several weeks ago and he doesn't like much. He will tolerate pears, blueberries, bananas and carrots but doesn't eat more than an ounce in one sitting. So far, he HATES sweet potatoes, green beans, avocados and butternut squash. We aren't too concerned at this point because we are believers in the saying "food before one is just for fun". We have also tried, with the approval from our Doctor, giving him small chunks of some food which he is definitely not ready for, he will gag and cough. I'm not sure if it's a texture issue but we're just going to keep working with purees, eventually try thicker ones and try small chunks of food again in a couple months. He is the sweetest little boy and absolutely adores his Daddy. I got so lucky in that department, I knew my husband would be a good Dad...but he truly is an AMAZING Dad. I love the bond those two have. Declan lights up when Daddy gets home from work and he seems to save all of his big belly laughs for him! Declan is the absolute love of our lives and I'm so grateful I get to be his mom. To those still battling infertility; never, never give up because once you get to the other side it is SO worth it! 


All my love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment